Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Claddagh Cravings

Ever since Rob 'N Jay Chippies on N. College closed about seven years ago, I have been searching for those fish and chips that remind me of the lovely fried fish and chips I sampled in England and Ireland. I especially like the British version with the optional curry sauces. Rob 'N Jay kept me very happy during my first pregnancy. I asked the family to go to Claddagh over the weekend - I had a craving! Claddagh is a small Midwestern chain that has been part of the Indy scene - especially downtown. In the northside version, I ordered the fish and chips, of course. My husband ordered the chicken curry, and a sister-in-law a hamburger and salad. Sadly, the fish though fried well, was pretty tasteless and undersalted, my husband's curry flavorless with tiny blocks of chicken, and the hamburger average. Maybe if you are coming here for drinks, it is more enjoyable. After all the interior is cozy and fairly authentic and the choice of beers a plus. I find the menu lacking - not sure if it is British or Irish. We had such a difficult time finding an appetizer that appealed to our group that we gave up. Prices are not cheap. Still searching...

Atmosphere - 8
Service - 6
Price - 5
Presentation - 7
Food - 6
Overall - 6

Claddagh Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment